Thursday, February 17, 2011

sweet beginnings...

Welcome! I hope my manly man here and the unjustly abused toddler did not scare everyone away and we will still get a chance to share many entertaining stories, recipes and delicious addresses.  I wanted to create SavorBox as both a cooking tutorial and a culinary tour guide to epicurean delicacies of San Francisco. I am not claiming to be an expert chef or a tasting virtuoso – only a 20-something girl who is a recent transplant to the West Coast, learning how to cook and where to indulge.  Living in NYC for the past five years, I rarely had a chance to cook (flashback to Sex and the City episode on storing sweaters in the oven) but often had the privilege to taste the many savors of the world from both the big-name masterpieces of the restaurants to the hole-in-the-wall mom-and-pop corners. After wallowing in pain for having lost my favorite city while unpacking boxes, I decided that a new dwelling called for a change! With farmer’s markets everywhere and kitchens more spacious than their Big Apple counterparts, I had to start making my grandma proud and turn into a “real” lady, i.e. the baker and the kitchen shaker. The main posts here will be a kaleidoscope of simple recipes performed step-by-step and accompanied by pictures. Every now and then I will also post some recommendations on a new cafĂ© or restaurant I happen to visit. Enjoy! Make the little boy in the picture smile!!!

No comments: