Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fresca Fillmore

Today I had the pleasure of dining at a wonderful Peruvian restaurant for the second time. Usually I am hesitant to return to a place again and again, given how many new restaurants open in San Francisco every day and equally (“sigh”) how many places tend to be a one time wonder that you are enchanted by simply because you were a bit too hungry that day – but this restaurant is a rare and great exception. I present to you – Fresca – a restaurant located on a charming Fillmore Street in the Pacific Heights. I hear they have two more locations in Noe Valley and West Portal but the Pac Heights restaurant is the one I am giving my praise to. The selection of ceviche is outstanding in its variety, freshness and just enough flavor without the “too acidic” quality that many ceviche dishes often possess. The first time I came to Fresca, I ordered paella for the main course and had to take it boxed to go because there was no way I was living it behind – simply delicious! Today, however, I went for their special halibut-like Peruvian fish roasted whole in a signature mixture of tomato paste with mussels, clams and calamari.  It did not disappoint and I am sure to go there again when my bestest friend from NYC comes here for a visit! Counting the days! 

No comments: