Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tartine Bakery

Sooo today was an incredibly fun day! First I took a letterpress class with a small group of students at Ferney Art Studio in the Mission. Since I managed to finish my printing earlier than expected, I could not pass the opportunity to get some pastry goodies from the famous Tartine Bakery. Truth be told, today was my second attempt at eating at Tartine since my last one has tested my patience to its limits with an exhaustingly long line and I simply gave up and ate at a different venue. Today, however, I decided to be persistent and withstand the line that looped over the side of the building…I guess one of the reasons I gave it a try was my great mood from the aforementioned class and a new issue of Tatler in hand. And so I waited and waited, intrigued by the number of people sacrificing their precious Sunday time for a bakery…I guess it must be that good! 

By the time I got to the ordering station, I decided to overcompensate and ordered everything that appealed to me. I was not the only one since I saw many people walking out with big brown paper bags. Who knows maybe the lines are Tartine’s marketing strategy – they exhaust you to the point where you want to buy a million pastries to justify the loss of your precious time. And buying I did: Croque Monsieur + Éclair +Croissant + Shortbread + Cappuccino!
Mmmm….what can I say, it is as good as the line outside is long! I am coming back even if it means driving to Mission for that Croissant alone!

No comments: