Saturday, April 30, 2011

Turkey/Avocado Sandwich

A great dish that I enjoy for a quick lunch is Turkey/Avocado Sandwich. It literally takes five minutes to make and powers me through the day no matter how energy consuming and hectic it is. For the longest time I thought that using Guacamole as a sandwich spread was pretty unappetizing but when I made this sandwich for the first time I was instantly in love. So in love was I that I repeatedly made it for breakfast everyday for the next week...talking about crazy signs... If you love sandwiches, this guacamole wonder just might become your favorite too:
Turkey/Avocado Sandwich:
Ingredients:
·      2 slices of bread
·      2-4 slices of oven roasted turkey
·      1-2 slices of cheese
·      1 table spoon of guacamole
·      Spring mix greens
Directions:
Take two slices of your favorite bread and toast them both to a slightly crusty texture. On the first slice of bread spread the guacamole and add greens on top. Follow by putting 2-4 pieces of turkey. I love my sandwiches to be heavy on the meat so I usually add 4 pieces minimum but, then again, my turkey slices are rather thin. When you finish the layering, set aside. On the second slice of bread add 1-2 slices of cheese only. Once again, I use two slices of my favorite Havarti cheese since that way the sandwich has a nice savory saltiness to it.  Put the piece of bread with the cheese on it on the pan and heat until the cheese has gotten soft and started to melt. Watch it carefully while cooking since, quite often, the bottom of the bread starts to burn before the cheese has melted, especially if you are using more cheese. Once the cheese half of the sandwich is ready put it on top of the other half and devour…it is so tasty in my mind that “devour” is the only verb I can use!

No comments: